Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sports Cards-My Life

As a sports fanatic, sports is about all thats on my mind. As a 17 year old Im just now starting to think about my future and what i want to purse. Of course, I want it to be sports related. I started collecting cards (hardcore) about 2 or so years ago, about when i figured out i had a local card shop, and realized there was a difference between the blaster boxes I was buying at target and the precious hobby boxes. I fell in love instantly. It took me a while to figure out what exactly this "jersey card" was but i thought it was pretty dang cool considering how big i was into just sports memorabilia at the time. Next thing i new i was buying packs and boxes as much as i could trying to pull that "rare" relic. Eventually the "High End" stuff was brought to my attention by watching the videos on youtube. That even blew my mind more, so i started my account (premiersports92) and to this day I am still addicted to the ARplatium videos, chris from the hobby box, etc. Without you guys, my lame life would be even more lame. Though my biggest ispiration to start blogging is Mario from Waxheaven, who recently went on to pursue other things. Reading his blog everyday infomed me about the hobby i love and was able to see many opinions. To make this first long post even longer, basically my goal here is to just talk positively about our hobby unlike all the negative talk that has been around lately. I have such a passion that my "dream" job would be to have my own shop someday though more than likely that wouldnt bring in the money to support a family, so maybe ill try this writing thing. So lets start the POSITIVE card and memorabilia talk (and occasional world news when i feel like ranting).



The Card that inspired me








No comments:

Post a Comment